Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Ordinary, Nah, I Do Not Play That.

I Have Dug Graves Before. On Some Days, One , Two, Even More.

Most Days, In The Afternoons, I'd Put My Nephew To Sleep, Then Get To It.

Couldn't Bring Him Along, Then He'd Start Touching And Poking And Mimicking...A Distraction

Some Days, He'd Refuse To Take His Nap, That Meant Putting Off The Digging And Burying

I Would Get Relieved, For A Fleeting Second At Least, But I Knew.

The More I Wait, The Bigger The Pile Grows, The Bigger The Pile, The Heavier The Load, The Heavier The Load, The Longer The Trek Uphill, The Longer The Trek Uphill, The Longer Those Milky Unseeing Eyes Stare At Me... And The Stench!

I Could Throw Them Out, Leave It To The Dogs... Thought About It A While Too.

Digging Graves And Burying Them Is The Least I Can Do For Them, They Were Under My Care... And They Died.

1 comment: