Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Question


Is it true that when ones’ passion for something dies another replaces it?

Well I know for a fact that high school killed my passion for life. So I took up the role of rebel. Was about time anyway, I was well into my teens. Ate a lot too. Several near expulsions and significant weight gain later, I was done. Longest four years of this life of mine.

I am an artist. So were my mother and grandmother before me. How seriously do I take my art? I was ready to quit high school and live off art. In another place and time I would have done it too.

I’ve put countless hours into my art since then; will put in a lot more, as long as I’m breathing. Everything else will have to play second best.

Why couldn’t I just make a clean break? Why did my heart and mind have to get scarred? That’s the worst part.

Who am I to question the Almighty? Can’t a potter choose to make from the same lump of clay a pot for noble use or one for common purpose?

The Lord shows compassion to whomever He shows compassion to, He is merciful to whomever He shows mercy to.



No comments:

Post a Comment